On December 9th and 10th the Overclocking World Championship 2017 takes place at Caseking HQ in Berlin, Germany. We look forward to seeing a battle royale between some of the biggest names in Overclocking who will compete for the right to be crowned Overclocking World Champion of 2017.
We would like to thank the following event partners for joining this world tour stop:
The HWBOT World Tour 2017 visited ten countries around the world this year. At each stop an Overclocking World Championship Qualifier contest was held, an extreme overclocking contest where the region’s most talented overclockers went head to head to compete for a seat in the Final. The contest will take place at the Caseking HQ in Berlin on December 9th and 10th and is the climax of a year-long campaign to determine who Overclocking World Champion of 2017.
Overclocking World Championship Final 2017: December 9th and 10th, 2017
nine of the world’s most feared extreme overclockers who face each other in a gruelling series of 1v1 matches to decide who will be crowned Overclocking World Champion of 2017. Hosted with partners Intel, Seasonic and Caseking, the top five will also share a $4,000 USD prize pool.
OCWC 2017 Final Contestants
The HWBOT World Tour 2017 consisted of overclocking events spanning ten countries around the world including the US, Brazil, France, Taiwan, South Africa, Russia, Indonesia and Australia. At each stop an Overclocking World Championship 2017 Qualifier contest was held, an extreme overclocking contest where the region’s most talented overclockers went head to head to compete for a ticket to the OCWC Final. At the end of the year we find the following nine Overclockers have been invited to Berlin, Germany for the OCWC 2017 Final having each qualified at different Qualifier contest:
- steponz (US) – Las Vegas 2017 Qualifier
- PXHX (Brazil) – Sao Paulo 2017 Qualifier
- Dancop (Germany) – Poitiers 2017 Qualifier
- rsannino (Italy) – Taipei 2017 Qualifier
- Drweez (S. Africa) – Cape Town 2017 Qualifier
- Bluefiber (Indonesia) – Yogyakarta 2017 Qualifier
- wizerty (France) – Moscow 2017 Qualifier
- Lucky_n00b (Indonesia) – Taipei II 2017 Qualifier
- jordan.hyde99 (Australia) – Melbourne 2017 Qualifier
OCWC 2017 Final: Format
The Overclocking World Championship (OCWC) Final 2017 will be broken down into two separate sections. It all starts on Day 1 with a Qualification Phase where overclocker attempt to score as highly as possible across five benchmarks in a limited four hour session. Placings in the Qualification Phase will determine the individual rankings for the Final Phase, a series of intense 1v1 Matches with 18 different benchmarks in play. Here is a general overview of the contest schedule:
- December 9th – Day 1: Qualification Phase + Round 1 & 2 1v1 Matches
- December 10th – Day 2: Rounds 3 – 8 1v1 Matches + Award Ceremony
OCWC Final 2017: Hardware:
OCWC 2017 contestants will use the following hardware for the duration of the contest:
- Processor: Intel Core i7 8700K (provided by HWBOT)
- Memory: Any DDR4 kit (not provided – no restrictions)
- Motherboard: Any Z370 Motherboard (not provided – no restrictions)
- Graphics Card: NVIDIA GT 710 (provided by HWBOT)
- Storage: SATA 128GB SSD (1 partition w/Win10 Pro latest build)
- Power Supply: Seasonic 850W (provided by HWBOT)
- Peripherals: USB Keyboard and Mouse (provided by HWBOT – PS2 allowed)
- Monitor: Standard 1080p (provided by HWBOT)
- Cooling Solutions: Not provided
- LN2: Provided by HWBOT (Cascades not allowed)
Note: CPUs are drawn at random for each contest segment to ensure a fair chance for all overclockers.
You can find more details about the hardware restrictions, contest structure and rules here:
OCWC Final Cash Prizes
This year we are very happy to announce that there will be cash prizes for the top five placed overclockers at the end of the contest.
- 1st Place: $1,500 USD
- 2nd Place: $1,000 USD
- 3rd Place: $750 USD
- 4th Place: $500 USD
- 5th Place: $250 USD
Click here to add your own text
Click here to add your own text
This event has past. No tickets for sale.